Friday, September 7, 2012

Yup, it's been a while . . . a long while.  With 14 and 12 year old boys in the house computer time is getting more and more limited.  If I can't do it on my ipad or iphone it doesn't seem to get done.

But now . . gloriously, all three kids are in school!! So I can finally post.

And this isnt terribly exciting . . I'm actually just trying to Post to my CTMH Bulletin Board, but can't post a pic unless it has a URL and to have a URL it seems I need to save the pic somewhere on the WWW.  OH my, it's all above my head some most days.

Anyway this is the latest project I've been working on:  Scratch and Win tickets for the upcoming BC Crop for Kids:

I saw this idea on Pinterest and immediately saw marketing opportunities for CTMH.

I used the CTMH gathering invitation postcards, and then pritned our info on one side of the back.

I then used staples 2"x4" labels to create individual discount / prize tags:


I then used packing tape to cover the "scratch off" part of the tag.

Then you use a combination of Silver paint and dish soap (4:1) to paint over the taped area:

(Please excuse my messy work area, should have edited that pic before I saved it!)

 
Finally I leet dry for about an hour and then trimmed to size (2x4) and then peeled and stuck to the left side of the post card.
 
Voila!
 
 
 
Individual CTMH scratch and Win tickets!
 
My kids love them so much I am thinking of doing this for household chores too!!
 
You can use this technique on any paper surface, so you could print, stamp, draw etc your own ticket and then use the tape / paint trick to create your hidden scratch off area.
 
A fun, easy and super cheap trick - I had everything at home in my stash of crafty stuff! but you could pick supplies up at the dollar store.
 
Lots of possibilities, try a few and let me know how it works out!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your Pinterest idea find Karen. Glad to know I'm not the only one who's workspace needs cropping out of pics...lol.

    ReplyDelete