Saturday, November 5, 2011

I'm back and busy with Christmas Cards

Yes, it's been a WHILE.  Home re-organization (I'm working on my new Scrapbooking room - can't wait and will post pictures as soon as it's done), painting like crazy, Halloween, a crop, some class prep  - oh, and did I mention that all four of my boys have been under the weather in one form or another?
Anyway, I finally have a gorgeous Saturday to finalize a few of my upcoming card classes and thought I would share these pics . . .
I did not re-invent the wheel here, these cards are almost exactly like those shown in the Wonderland Workshop on the Go.  However, I adapted them to take advantage of the Art Philosophy cricut cartridge, stamping on cricut shapes, and some bulk items. Plus, I needed to replace the "Top Coats" as for a class, to buy one for each participant would have added $6.50 per person to my cost.  So this is way more cost effective.  I have decided to stick with the pre-cut white die cut cards ($6.50 for 10), I could have used the cricut to cut these and cheap, bulk generic envelopes.  However, the die cut cards have "Close to My Heart" embossed on the the envelope and it looks so cute, so since it's only a 5 card class this costs me only $3.25 per person, bulk generic would have cost about $1.50.





Other products I used: Silver embossing powder, Glitz glitter gel in silver and those gorgeous Designer Brads that I love so much.
These are for my Class on Nov. 19th, but I'm about to start prepping a smaller (3 cards for $5) class that I'm doing on the 18th at 7pm.  Call or e-mail me to book your spot.  This mini card class will be using the Wonderland paper pack.  Hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment